Subscribe Here and Never Be Fashionable Late

Sunday, September 9, 2012

NYFW: Arise Magazine: African Icons

I was honored to be invited to the "Arise Magazine: African Icons" show at New York fashion week. Five designers were selected in a continent wide contest to participate and present their collection in partnership with Mercedes Benz.  What an exciting experience to see all the talent that is coming out of Africa. I really appreciated how the the designers kept the essence of the continent thru the designs.

I'm still working on  my camera skills, but here is a brief video I took from the frontrow.


Tiffany Amber




Tsemaye Binitie



Maki Oh



Gavin Rajah



Menswear designer Oswald Boateng was honored at the show and clearly the crowd favorite.




(Photos courtesy of hauteafrica.com)

Thank you Essence Magazine for the photo feature, this is what I wore.

Gorgeous in Green
Necklace-Oscar de La renta, Top-Calvin Klein, Pants-River Island

3 comments:

  1. Ok, just by seeing this excerpt, I really regret not making it to fashion week this season. The clothes from these continental designers look amazing and stoked to see my fellow Ghanaian Oswald Boateng represent! I want those blazers in every colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Boateng blazers in ankara print did it for me...every guy needs one of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great camera work!

    I'm also moved by the blazers in traditional African print. Love it, SHARP!!! Like the diverse group of models as well. African design is universal.

    ReplyDelete